LEARNING PHP Basics and its Essential functions QUICKLY.
Shopinson writes on PHP essential functions all detailed PHP basics for inquisitive persons like searching www to find answers to questions such as:
- how to learn php
- writing php programming language
- the best tutorial for php
- how to be php guru or expert
No worries I have answered all the question you intend knowing in this course.
Secondly all php functions are important but there are few most used php function which I referred to as necessary php functions will be treated too.
PHP is an acronym which stand for Hypertext Preprocessor
Often written PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
PHP is a programming Language Often referred to as a popular general-purpose scripting language that is especially suitable for web development basically for server-side development.
PHP is fast, flexible and pragmatic, PHP powers everything from your blog to the most popular websites in the world such as facebook and wordpress.
PHP is a strong tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages.
ALTERNATIVES TO PHP
PHP now possesses a handful number of powerful frameworks, including Laravel, Symfony, Zend, and CodeIgniter.
But there are also new technology that are alternative to PHP listed below
Node.js , Java, Python, Ruby, C#, Go, Erlang, Elixir, C++, Rust
BRIEF HISTORY ABOUT PHP
According to Wikipedia
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor was originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994;
The PHP reference implementation is now produced by The PHP Group.
PHP originally stood for Personal Home Page, but it now stands for the recursive initialism PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
Rasmus Lerdorf, who wrote the original Common Gateway Interface (CGI) component, together with Andi Gutmans and Zeev Suraski, who rewrote the parser that formed PHP 3.
BEFORE LEARNING PHP THE RIGHT WAY
You may ask this question: “What do I need to know before learning php”
EXAMPLE: BASIC SYNTAX PHP TAG
<?php echo "Hello world"; ?>
WHY USE PHP
- PHP is open source and free. Can be downloaded here
- PHP is Short learning curve compared to other languages such as JSP, ASP etc.
- PHP have Large community document
- PHP is the Most web hosting servers support PHP by default unlike other languages such as ASP that need IIS. This makes PHP a cost effective choice.
- PHP is regular updated to keep abreast with the latest technology trends.
- Other benefit that you get with PHP is that it’s a server side scripting language; this means you only need to install it on the server and client computers requesting for resources from the server do not need to have PHP installed; only a web browser would be enough.
- PHP has in built support for working hand in hand with MySQL; this doesn’t mean you can’t use PHP with other database management systems. You can still use PHP with
- MS SQL Server
- ODBC etc.
- PHP is cross platform; this means you can deploy your application on a number of different operating systems such as windows, Linux, Mac OS etc.
WHAT CAN PHP DO?
PHP Can do Anything says https://www.php.net/manual/en/intro-whatcando.php.
PHP is mainly focused on server-side scripting, so you can do anything any other CGI program can do, such as below listed
- collect form data
- generate dynamic page contents
- send and receive cookies
But PHP can do much more.